Thursday, February 14, 2013

myStampBOX: Happy Valentine Birthday


My mom's birthday is on Valentine's Day, so I combined a valentine and birthday card for her using myStampBOX's Lovely Houses and Lines of Life - Small Box sets. I am also entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp: Something Messy Challenge.

I started by cutting a template out of scrap cardstock of different sized hearts using my Cricut Expression and Gypsy Handheld Design Studio. I used some painter's tape to hold down a piece of white cardstock and the template.
I used a makeup sponge and some chalk ink to apply ink to the hearts.

I removed the template and placed the hearts that were cut out of the template over the inked hearts. I then sprayed a little bit of red Clearsnap Smooch Spritz on the cardstock.
To add some contrast and color, I stamped with black ink using the vertical heart stamp from the Lovely Houses set. I also added a birthday sentiment using the Lines of Life - Small Box set to the largest pink heart.
Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...