Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my dad's birthday and I am sharing the card that is on the way to him in the mail.

I've been watching the videos in Nathalie Kalbach's Creative Jumpstart Summit and have been inspired to play more with my mists, inks and stamps. All of the stamps on this card are from myStampBOX. I adhered (with repositionable adhesive) some punched hexagon shapes randomly on heavy white cardstock. I sprayed the cardstock with Mr. Huey Color Mist (Real Red)  then removed the hexagons. Using the hexagon border from the Decorative Strips stamp set, I randomly stamped  on the cardstock using Colorbox Yellow Ochre chalk ink. To bring a little contrast to the card, I stamped one of the images from the Ornamental Flowers stamp set on the card, stamping off the stamp a couple times to get different depths of black. I finished the card with a sentiment from the Color Me - Sentiments stamp set and colored it in with Prismacolor pencils.
 Happy Birthday Daddy....hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...