Friday, April 15, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

I’ve been working on some projects with Core’dinations cardstock. I have had some of the Core Impressions for a while now (plus I just received one of the new Basic Grey Collections), but haven’t used them much. Guess I’m worried I will use them up and they’ll be gone? I know it doesn’t make sense, but I’m pretty sure a lot of you know the feeling.

My first project is Continental Divide with a photo from our recent trip to Breckenridge, Colorado. This layout features papers from the Core Essentials, Chocolate Box (I love seeing the color core when you tear this paper), and Gemstones Collections (if you haven’t seen this pretty shiny paper before you must find some…it’s beautiful). The snowflakes were die cut or punched and embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. I decided to add in a couple corrugated cardboard snowflakes for some extra added dimension. As a finishing touch, I added a little machine sewing.


The next layout is of my sweet Hailey using papers from the Jenni Bowlin Vintage Brights Collection. I love that these papers are already embossed and just waiting for a big piece of sandpaper.

This card may be my favorite of the three projects. I scored a piece of paper from the Black Magic Collection then sanded along the scored lines and edges. The punched heart is from the same paper with the edges sanded so you can see the pink core.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...